DTG T-Shirt Printing 101:
Imagine if you could just throw a t-shirt into your desktop printer to make any design you love instantly wearable. Sounds awesome, right?
Well, that’s not too far off from the cutting-edge direct to garment DTG printing process we offer here at The Merch Space.
As opposed to the screen-printing process, which requires several steps to turn your design into a reproducible printing format, DTG printing, also known as direct to garment takes artwork right from the computer screen to the garment. The simplicity of that process allows us to print practically any design with no set up.
On many occasions over the years, customers have told us that we really saved them in a crunch. Anything from a school sports team making the state championship to a last-minute photo op with a politician can require speedy, custom tees that look impressive. And those are the times that are tailor-made for direct to garment printing. We can take your design from the computer to the garment to your doorstep in less than 24 hours.
The DTG printing process isn’t just about versatility – it also results in an incredibly vibrant, high-resolution look that is perfect for projects that involve intricate logos or photographs. Ready to have us do direct to garment printing for you?
Here’s what our DTG T Shirt printing process looks like:
- First, we carefully review your artwork to make sure that it will turn out as beautifully as possible. If anything looks off, we’ll get in touch and help you tweak your design.
- Next, we’ll optimize and enhance the image so that everything you love about the original art comes through in the print.
- Then, the print area of the garment will be treated with a special solution that helps the ink show up on darkly colored fabric.
- The DTG printing process comes next – the garment printer will first lay down a white base coat before reproducing the color image.
- To set and seal the design, the garment is dried with high heat before being packed and shipped off to you.
- Please note that DTG printed garments should be washed before wearing the first time and always washed inside-out in cold water to help maintain the vibrancy of the design.
If you’d like to discuss more about our direct to garment printing process or a special project you have in mind, please don’t hesitate to give us a call, or fill out our quote request form below.